Looking for information about diving in the Caribbean? Whether it’s the warm waters all year round, the wonderful coral reefs, or the fun colourful fish… the reality is that more and more diving enthusiasts are coming to the Caribbean to enjoy this sport!
Diving in Punta Cana
From our hotels in Punta Cana you can make different types of dives depending on your experience (or the time you have):
For beginners, how do I start?
For those who have never dived before and would like to start in this exciting underwater world, we recommend that you take the introductory class in the pool that we have included in the hotel. This will allow you to familiarise yourself with the equipment and you will always be under the watchful eye of an instructor who will help you and answer any questions you may have!
If you decide to explore the Caribbean waters diving with us, you should know that it is necessary to get a degree. In our Princess hotels in the Dominican Republic we have the water sports center to achieve any kind of PADI certification. It is recognized worldwide and that you can have with you for any other trip you want to make.
During your diving course in the Caribbean, the corresponding practical and theoretical classes are included, as well as the final exam. Do not be afraid, with our instructors we are sure you will not have any problem.
For the experienced, what are the diving options?
If you already have your PADI or any other official diving certification, you can go to the Seapro Divers water activity centers located on our beaches. They will personally advise you on the excursion that best suits your time and experience. Roughly speaking, we could summarize it as follows
One-day diving excursions in Punta Cana
The most common are Isla Saona and Isla Catalina. The wonderful thing about these excursions with our water sports centre is that they are perfectly compatible with people who do not dive and prefer to do a little snorkelling and enjoy the excursion itself.
- The tour begins first thing in the morning, when a bus comes to pick you up at the hotel door to take you to the boarding point.
- During the trip the guides will give you the guidelines of the excursion, and they will also explain how the divers and non-divers will be organized.
- The excursions to these islands are carried out with the same normality as the ones that do not include diving, except for the detail that they will make technical stops so that those who dive can do their immersion while those who do not dive can stay on the boat enjoying or snorkelling.
- Excursions of this type always end on a wonderful Caribbean beach, with a tropical and Dominican lunch. This is followed by a well-deserved siesta in the sun or under the coconut trees (as desired by the client) and then back to the hotel. Photo sessions are also optional on this type of excursion. There is nothing like having your session underwater, with your friends, among bubbles and colorful fish…
Half-day diving excursions in Punta Cana
There are more than 15 different dive sites in this area, including sites such as wrecks, reef, wall… half-day excursions of one or two tanks can be made depending on the client’s request.
And since these are points close to the hotel, if you leave in the morning, you will be back at noon to eat at our facilities. Obviously depending on the experience of the diver, our experts will recommend which ones have the right depths.
Do you want to complete your diving experience with other water sports?
The Caribbean is the perfect place to practice other water sports:
- Snorkeling: To see the world underwater, at less depth, with your fins, mask and snorkel. Our water sports center can take you to areas full of fish so you can enjoy floating above the sea and seeing the underwater world.
- Kayaking: In our Princess hotels in the Dominican Republic, you can enjoy the fun of kayaking, with your canoe, alone or in pairs, paddling together enjoying the beauty of the Bavarian coast.
- Sailing: Included in our hotels you also have the possibility of sailing with a small catamaran. In addition, you can ask for lessons, if you have no previous experience and feel like sailing with your teacher.
- Fishing: There is also the possibility of booking a fun fishing trip. Depending on the season, you can also find big fish such as dorado or swordfish. Who knows, you might even meet a mermaid!
In short, there is a sea of reasons to become fond of water sports and underwater adventures. If you dare, at Princess Hotels we help you to start living these new experiences!
Diving in Riviera Maya
Whether you are an expert in snorkeling, diving or just looking for your first diving experience, you couldn’t have chosen a better place than the Caribbean! Warm, translucent waters, lots of diving options and expert divers that will make your vacation incredibly fun and enjoyable.
More than 100 kilometers of crystal clear and turquoise waters await you along the coast of the Riviera Maya. It is part of the Mesoamerican Reef System, one of the largest barrier reef systems in the world. Home to incredible sea creatures, coral reefs and many other underwater surprises that you will love to discover.
Diving options are not limited to the great open ocean waters. In the Riviera Maya you will also have the opportunity to explore the ancient sacred waters of the Mexican cenotes.
These limestone sinkholes compensate for the exotic and extraordinary microcosms of water of all that is beautiful and special about Mexico. Swim through caves, underwater rivers and amazing natural structures that have existed for thousands of years.
If you are a first time diver or have experience, you must have a PADI license to be able to dive in open waters or in the cenotes. Fortunately, in case you don’t have a license, Princess Hotels Riviera Maya offers an intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know before you start your Caribbean diving experience.
This course includes a trial dive in our own pools. You can get used to the equipment and learn from our expert divers, the best techniques to make your experience even more satisfying.